LAUNCHING THE OFFICIAL WHATSAPP API CONNECTOR
The use of digital channels for customer support is rising and Whatsapp is becoming a dominant messaging player in most countries. Edgewise is officially announcing the release of a fully supported Whatsapp connector and API, based on the concepts below.
- Fully featured integration, including the option to combine with AI powered chat bots
- Decrease average hold time, by managing multiple inbound and outbound Whatsapp conversations at once
- Plug-and-play, easy to deploy connector
There are three message types: “Inbound”, “Outbound Session” and “Outbound Template”:
- Inbound refers to any message initiated by end customers (users) to your contact center.
- Outbound Session are any messages sent and received in response to an inbound message. A messaging session starts when a user sends your contact center a message and lasts for 24 hours from the most recently received message.
- Outbound Templates are predefined message templates used when more than 24 hours have elapsed since the customer last responded to you or if no message has been exchanged with this number. These messages are the only ones allowed in these situations, any other type of message will fail. Important: these template messages must be submitted for WhatsApp approval before they can be used.
How does it work for the agent and supervisors?
For agents it is a regular chat session, except when trying to reply to a customer outside the 24h hours window. In that particular scenario, the agent will be informed that an Outbound Template Message must be used in order to reach the customer.
Supervisors may directly configure these templates, so that the agents have access to them on the Agent web interface.